Raya Diary

2 days B4 Raya - 1 Nov (Tuesday)

Balik kampung journey begins. The initial plan was to travel after early breakfast (sahur) but then my daughter was so excited to balik kampung and insisted that we travel that night.
I took a couple of hours nap after breaking fast. At about 12 midnight, we left home. We stopped at my sis-in-law's house to fetch some goodies for my parents-in-law. The journey was very smooth and we arrived in BP at around 4 am.

In the afternoon, we shopped for Raya clothes for our daughter & our neice. Then, we picked up
our made-to-order Raya clothes at our auntie's place. The colour theme this year is turquoise (combination of green and blue).


1 day B4 Raya - 2 Nov (Wed)

My spouse shopped with her sis and mom. So, I took my daughter to CC to check the emails and stuff. Late evening, all family members helped to decorate the garden and clean the house.
We slept quite late at about 4 am that night.


Raya Day 1 (Thurs)

Woke up early and went straight to the mosque (I was one of the early persons arriving). After Raya prayer, met my office colleque who celebrated Raya at his wife home town at Pt. Samak.

We then visited Mak Tok until about 1 pm. Later, we went home and have a " muzakarah" session until about 4pm. At nite, we visited Mak Teh & Abg Baang.

Raya Day 2 (Fri)

Morning, we visited Opah. After Friday prayer, we started our journey to Rengit (Perpat) to visit Abah's aunties and siblings. The visit ended at Rengit where we had our family dinner at a nearby warong.


Raya Day 3 (Sat)

We left BP for Kulai. Visited Atok & Tok Moh, Wak Yasir & Wak Khair (my uncles). Soon after,
we decided to go back straight to my mom's house in KT. Unfortunately, we faced a traffic jam
for about 1 hour (10 km stretch) just to pass by Felda Taib Andak where MAWI was having his Open House for his fans. Arrived at home around 7 pm.


No comments: